Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday Afternoon

So, after a week of my calling Verizon complaining that my Modem is not working, and responding answers that my line was Ok, and my continued request for a new Modem, it finally arrived after 6pm.

I had to reconfigure everything to get all my gadgets to work, forgetting to start with my new laptop, that I bought myself yesterday to console myself for being internet deprived for a week, with only spotty contact with the outside world when at work. Lucky me I had to work 8 of the last 9 days, huh?

So I am back online, and resetting all my favorite sites and passwords, again.

It was all so much easier when I had a 2 gig desk top with AOL dial up running at 9 bauds.

Remember that?

I prefer it all this way, now, really I do.

The best part was when I requested that my week of no internet be reflected in my next bill. I was gently reminded that I had free internet at this time. I not so gently reminded them that they contracted to provide me with internet, and that my use or non use at my discretion was my option, but by their neglect of a prompt solution to my easily resolveable problem was their responsibility, and that an additional week of free internet was owed to me, and that if I did not see a credit on my next account I would call back, frequently, until I did see the credit.

I can not wait for the next bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment