Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a Gemini's Dream

Wednesday November 28, 2012

It's a Gemini's Dream

Welcome to the full Gemini Moon. Does this mean double our pleasure? Or that all Gemini's will have fun?

We wake up, to a chorus of ow's, ouches, and oh my goodnesses.Such is the glamorous life of famous rock babes of a famous rock band. The indulgences of the night before return the next day reminding you that despite evidence to the contrary, you are not as lithe and nimble as you think. And what is that smell? It wasn't any of us, but we have our suspicions.

Spending day and night in a confined space, no matter how luxurious, gets claustrophobic, and fresh air, errand running, napping, TV watching, all gets done together, and separately.The time in between the shows is the hardest to fill, as mapping out a route, estimating drive time, and departure time takes up a short part of the day, then we need to plan wash and dress time. We just don't appear magically at each venue you know, this takes work.

I did have one event to remark upon while I was running errands. I had need of the washroom, and found a public one to use. I carefully sounded out the letters to discern MEN from WOMEN, as these things can get confusing when one is overtired, and I wanted to be sure. So I open the door and walk inside. Well, to my surprise I saw a large human, I'm guessing, with buzz cut hair on a Juglike head, which was sitting on a thick short neck. Going down, there were broad shoulders in a suit jacket, square hips, trousers, mens police shoes. Said human was in front of a porcelain washroom item, zipping up fly. I suffered a full body blush, and promptly ran out, and sounded out all the letters again, to make sure, and yes, it clearly stated WOMEN. I counted all my body parts, and since I had passed my anatomy course, I was fairly sure I fit the description, but was unsure of what I had found in the washroom. I walked back in, as the feminoid turned to look at the stumbling mumbling one who had a need, and I don't know who was more embarrassed, but I pretended it was me, hoping to take the cowards way out, and not get hurt. It all worked out in the end. I hope I never see this poor soul again, as I will undoubtedly never again pass this way, as I didn't quite know where I was, but life has a habit of placing the same obstacles in front of you until they are overcome. I am not sure I could survive another encounter like this in the future.

And that brings us to the Capitol Theater in Port Chester NY, once again. We park the car, remembering that we are near the Peruvian chicken restaurant, and promptly pass three more walking to the theater entrance. Restaurants, not Peruvians, or chickens.

Finally, I am recognized for who I am, love me or not. How refreshing, and I make my grand entrance minutes before curtain time, and sit in a seat I found acceptable. It didnt match the numbers on my ticket, but I wasnt wearing my glasses, so I can not be held responsible for lost or stolen items. But it didn't matter too much, as I wasn't sitting all the time.

Gemini Dream

The mystery Verse was Back!

You and Me

Great guitar work at the end, improvised, with someone quite pleased with himself.

Nervous

No one noticed the extra "bring it" no, no one did,

The high notes hit by the bass player were stunning, clear, on key, and I was right there in front of the poor fellow, I should know, I heard the live voice, not the mix feed. A lady in the third row was coming down with the vapors during this song, no she wasn't one of us, and that song got her going, and from that point on she behaved like one of us the rest of the show.

Gypsy

Hello

IKYOTS

Whomever he was looking for was on the right side of the audience, as he rarely glanced to his right, our left the entire show, especially that song. Funny, we were on the right.

TSIYE

I did what I had to do. Freaky eyeball projections all over the walls and ceiling of the theater.

TOSOL

As far as I am concerned there is no other side.

We Drifted wood, not sitting comfortably, but who really cares? Gorgeous.

IJAS

There is a certain bass player still capable of doing things with his bass when the timing is right. Scorching! dadadada Whoooo

NIWS

Slightly scratchy, but I have been assured by a reliable source that he does not have a cold. There was passion, but not of the" I need a cigarette when its over" variety, not yet, optimistic.

And yes, ask a Gemini about a Dream, you might get an answer.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what category I fall into with this Rock chicks etc? Gemini for sure as is ALf.
    Rock groupie is not me either What am I can you help?

    ReplyDelete