Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Monday November 26, 2012

Another Mundane Monday

What do you do with a day off. You make plans. Sometimes months in advance, sometimes you have no plans at all. People always stop to talk to you when you are not in a socializing mood? ever notice that? Everyone wanting to know what I was up to, and asking me about my future plans, inviting me to exotic locations.

We had a suggestion of an itinerary, which was rejected. Then we ran errands, I was on a mission to look at every pair of boots in a 10 mile radius, and we also needed to find unscented non greasy hand lotion. Surprisingly easier to find the lotion than the boots. I needed boots without too many studs, and with non ugly toes and safe heels, and on sale. I found them by avoiding the obvious, and going for the safe route, and then having the right item drop into my lap. After which, we needed sustenance, and libation, as our errands wore us out. We picked the safest place we could find, as the neighborhood was dodgy at best. Surprisingly, for being home, I was the one with the funny accent. But not as bad as other patrons, who apparently had such difficulty with their order as to need it returned and the correct items delivered. I just had an ongoing and continuous offering of items I never ordered brought to my table, and as there were only 4 occupied tables scattered around the place, why this was happening, I can't explain, were we all talking a different language? We certainly weren't speaking to each other. It may have been the sinus clearing meal, or the three margaritas, but I swear, I felt better afterwards. So good in fact, that I listened to Music, and had sweet dreams. The kind that come true.

The next day, however, is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment